Friday, January 13, 2012

Freak Out

Since the DJ Shadow competition has been pushed back, I thought I'd post some more paintings I've worked on during the holiday break. 

I've been practicing new techniques and specifically trying to paint faster.  This painting turned out super messy because of how fast I tried to paint it, I've recently tried to step away from using just soft brushes for the entire painting, and in this one I used a hard edged brush.  I like the impressionistic feel this one gives off, but I think next time I'm going to try to use a blend of different brush types. 

I'm also trying to use more saturated colors, and instead of mixing colors on the canvas, try to be more deliberate with the color choices I put down.  It's been fun!  It's always fun to try new things.  I hope you enjoy the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment