Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Gettin' in the Groove



I'm starting to get the hang of this whole inking business.  Some things I've learned:

-Don't leave ink out for too long, it gets too thick, and won't come off the pen.
-Ink seems to behave more predictably when it's a bit on the humid side
-Microns seem to be more reliable for crosshatching and drawing mechanical things (esp when using a ruler)
-Adjustable curves and rulers are awesome for drawing cars
-Ease out lines with some light hatching.

I think my problem from before was that I wanted each stroke to be perfect.  Honestly I'm liking my lines a lot better when I'm slightly off the mark the first time.  I didn't think you could "work in" a line with ink, but it's actually a bit more forgiving than i thought.

----

In unrelated news, I rode my scooter today.  Got it all the way up to 43mph!  That may not seem like a big deal, but on a 50cc, it's a feat!  I'm glad the weather's been clearing up so that I can ride my scooter again.  Summer time is truly here!

Speaking of summer time, I remember I made a post last year around this time.  I remember this post quite dearly.  It was a bit of an artistic breakthrough for me.  It's around the time I decided on a direction i wanted to go as an artist, and this was the first painting I did in that vein.  If you don't remember it, please take another look.  It's not one of my most popular paintings, but it's very precious to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment