Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Drum Machine


It's been a while!  I've been so busy with work, I seemed to have neglected posting!  From now on, I'm going to start posting in-progress shots as well as sketches, so I don't leave this blog unattended for weeks on end.  So check in often!

I've also been entertaining the idea of bringing back the LiveStream.  I had a lot of fun running those streams, and oddly enough I learned a lot of new techniques and ideas for paintings while running those streams.  The only problem was that towards the end of my streaming "career,"  I just had zero to a couple viewers at most, and it started feeling silly even bothering.  If anyone knows how to promote something like that, please send me some advice!  As long as there are viewers, I'd love to start running those again.

This painting came into being because I wanted to draw more robots.  I've been becoming more and more interested in robot designs that are more on the dumb side.  By that I mean designs that are redundant, or serves no purpose.  For example, I would describe a human piloting a robot that rides a bicycle as being hilariously dumb (sweet, a new idea for a painting!).  I just wanted to design something that was a clustering mess of mechanical parts, and this is what came out!

No comments:

Post a Comment